Sunday, June 20, 2010

What do you know about CA-MRSA (community aquired methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureas)?

A couple weeks ago I started getting bumps that I thought were ingrown hairs, but they are not healing and they hurt and are hot. My husband told me about a week ago that there was a flesh eating virus going around and amybe I have that. I thoguht he was joking, but I got a magazine in the mail from my health insurance and that is the cover story. It is a short article, basically it just says wash your hands, call your dr and if you get this disease you'll get pnuemonia. What all do you know about this disease? I ride the public bus and work in a pharmacy, so I'm a little nervous about this. I do have an appointment already set up in two weeks for another problem, and if this still persists I will of course ask my dr. Thanks!



What do you know about CA-MRSA (community aquired methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureas)?

MRSA is not the end of the world. Most MRSA strains are still susceptible to a non-penicillin type antibiotic. The media is hyping this way out of proportion. You still might want to go to a dermatologist if those bumps are not healing. Community acquired MRSA is still very rare.



What do you know about CA-MRSA (community aquired methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureas)?

MRSA is an extremely dangerous disease and highly communicable. Have you been in a hospital or jail lately, because that's usually hotbeds of this horrible disease.



What do you know about CA-MRSA (community aquired methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureas)?

I've been reading alot about it lately and it scares the hell outta me! They wash your hands, wash your hands %26amp; wash your hands! Its the best defense. I wash my kids hands like crazy, LOL!



What do you know about CA-MRSA (community aquired methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureas)?

i work in a hospital as a nursing student and there has been a wide epidemic of this! You can get MRSA through any open wound, you will know u have it cause your wound will not heal it will become infected and antibiotics will not cure it...it will then pass into your bloodstream causing staff whcih can not be cured and death is eminent. however what you have doesnt sound like MRSA go to the doctor and have them take a skin sample to rule that out...and always always finish antibiotics! Hope that helps

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
cash advance