Sunday, June 20, 2010

Scale of 1-10 on primping and girliness?

I pride myself in being unisex, and in not being a magazine-follower. I'm the opinionated type. I definitely don't want to obsess about my looks, clothes, and boys. I think that kind of thing is for airheads. But I decided that I wanted to straighten my hair. (Another question: which is the best brand of hair straightener?) I want to know how much I will be degrading myself by straightening my hair. 1 would be not degrading/girly/airheaded at all. 10 would be like..calling your favourite sport "shopping." I probably didn't make this clear enough, so could you rank wearing make-up on that scale too? Not because I plan to wear it, just so I can compare it to straightening your hair and see what your scale is like.



Scale of 1-10 on primping and girliness?

Wanting to look good for yourself is not degrading...however, doing it to look like a celebrity or even the head cheerleader...completely degrading. Nothing wrong with straightening your hair or wearing makeup. It's when you brush your hair all the time and constantly check yourself and your makeup in the mirror throughout the day it becomes pretty commercial.



Scale of 1-10 on primping and girliness?

hair straigtening - 1 [i use a babyliss, i've had it for three years and LOVE it to this day. paid $80]



make up - 1



there's nothign wrong with that



Scale of 1-10 on primping and girliness?

6 for make up- 8 for hair straightening. (Because most women wear make up)



I am probably just an old fashioned old fart but I think artificially straightened hair looks appalling. I think it makes the wearer look cheap and trashy.



I look forward to when artificially curled hair is back in fashion.



Scale of 1-10 on primping and girliness?

Really, I'd say straighten hair-5. Makeup-1. Depending on how much makeup you put on. If you put on makeup, dont make yourself look like you had really bad plastic surgery or something. I just put on eyeliner, mascara and eyeshadow. Hair straighteining is diffrent for me (I cant even spell it.) Try it out and see if you like it. If not, dont straighten it. People arent going to freak out if you do it. Well, they might, but they'd get used to it.



Scale of 1-10 on primping and girliness?

I'm very girly and I've never straight ironed my hair. I've watched others do it though. It's is very time consuming and stinks like burnt hair or burnt hair product.



I rank straightening as a 5, If it is to maintain unruly hair.



Make- up a 7. Sorry I couldn't tell you what iron to buy. I'd ask a stylist at a beauty supply shop that has a salon.Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
cash advance