Thursday, June 17, 2010

I can't live up to my model sister... parent problems?

I'm 16 and have an adopted sister who is 20. My parents adopted her from Spain when I was a baby. She lives down in London as she's a full time model. I think my parents favour her over me. She stunningly beautiful, 5'8", slim size 8, dark hair, dark brown eyes, tanned skin and earns around 鎷?000 for a days shoot. And I'm 5'1, a little chubby and plain average looking. Whenever we got out to visit family or friends, all my mum and dad talk about is her, and how wonderful she is... what magazines she's going to be in, what country her next shoot is in, blah blah blah... and boys are only ever interested in me because they fancy my sister and want her number. I'm sure my parents are disapointed in me compared to her, it makes me really sad. What can I do to make my parents notice me?



I can't live up to my model sister... parent problems?

As a teenager, you are on the brink of adulthood with Life ahead of you. Please do not compare yourself with your sister - you are you no matter how beautiful your adopted sister is. Just remember, a model can only last so long as their beauty lasts and there will come a time when there will be someone else more beautiful than she is waiting in the wings. You have only got to look at those models we once used to see in the media and then notice, they become less and less until they eventually fade altogether. Your sister has a limited life in the modelling world whereas you will remain.



As for you, why not lose some of this chubbiness through exercise (gym or swimming or cycling for example) and sensible dieting (keep off the crisps and instead eat wholesome food - there is a lot being written and spoken about just now on this subject), have a new hair style and new clothes perhaps. Find new interests and widen your horizon of friends so that you have a wider range of interesting subjects to talk about. Renew your self-confidence and self-worth, and you will find your sister's lifestyle really does not matter in the long run because you have one of your own.



As for your parents, right now they are immensely proud of child of theirs and want to share her achievements with anyone who will listen. Having said this, talk to your parents and tell them how upsetting you find this. Remind them if you necessary that you are their daughter too. Tell them you want them to notice you, to listen to what you have to say, to give you some words of encouragement and praise when you have done something well. It is more than likely they do this already but you do not hear because all you hear is your sister's name.



As for boys, they will soon notice you too when you show them you are beautiful too but in a different way. This is why I would urge you to make some changes in the way you are on the outside and at the same time, improve yourself on the inside too. Be your own identity and not in the shadows of your sister.



I can't live up to my model sister... parent problems?

What you are actually doing is comparing yourself to her and letting the jealousy it creates in you to make you feel as is they favor her over you dear.



Instead of fixating on what others think of you and how they view you and see you as a person you need to worry about how you feel about yourself, see yourself and live your life. After all it is your life, not theirs.



If you are happy with you then be happy and don't worry about what others think or what you think they think. If you are not happy with you then YOU are the one to make the changes in your life instead of sulking on what you think others think.



I can't live up to my model sister... parent problems?

I know exactly how you feel. I have an older sister..most of our relatives don't know I exist. If ever we have a bbq or anything, they call me by her name, and I'm like...no actually that's not me, then they're like..oh so how do you know the family..and I'm like..I live here! Just try and be your own person and set your own goals. In a few years, you'll be independent, and none of this will matter.



I can't live up to my model sister... parent problems?

Tell your parents how you feel...if they're favoring her, they're not being good parents.



I can't live up to my model sister... parent problems?

this is like the first child problem but is more serious as u r old enough. so I suggest u make a social group of friends for urself and be good always and people will come back to you.. after all beauty is skin deep and has a certain age.. maybe 3 or so years ? after which they will realise and come back to u with care and love.



I can't live up to my model sister... parent problems?

:/ yeh thats kindda sad when youre hearing all about your older sister and feel that no one wants you around. its such a terrible feeling, but keep your head strong. dont try to impress your parents by being different though, be yourself ^^. also with the boys, of course they are gonna want to know your sister but if any of them do spend time with you take advantage of that. he may just find that he fancies you more than your sister. looks arent just everything, having a great personality is the best thing about the person lol



I can't live up to my model sister... parent problems?

First of all you are your own person and should not compare your self with anyone be your self. So what you are just average some people are so busy looking out the out side they cant see the inside. I am sure that your parents ove you but, they are not paying you much attention let them know how you feel. know matter what you do be the best you can be first you have to please yourself.



Best of luck



I can't live up to my model sister... parent problems?

I thinkk you are letting your jealousy cloud your judgment. She is older than you and has made a life for herself. When you have left home and got a job and found whta you want to do in life you will feel differently. Your parents are proud of your sister and they are proud of you. Andif boys say they fancy you just to get to your sister then they are sad waster and not worth going out with.



I can't live up to my model sister... parent problems?

looks arent everthing



try and explain to them



or if you fel uncomfortable chattin to them



find something you like and maybe are good at



sports .. art ... drama etc



they love you



but i understand u feel left out



my mom hs always been left out from her younger sister



I can't live up to my model sister... parent problems?

send your sister back to spain

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
cash advance